Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information that you provide
You may be required to provide certain information for creating an account, booking a ride, arranging a driver, requesting any on-demand transportation, subscribing to any service, participating in promotional offers, submitting your feedback, contacting customer support, or using any other service being offered or made available on this website. Your submitted information may include your name, contact number, email address, pickup or destination address, profile picture, payment instrument, and/or other information that you are supposed to provide for receiving the requested services in a hassle-free manner.
Information that we collect
When you use any service being offered on this website, MobRide shall be entitled to collect your personal information in relation to the respective service. The collected information pertain to the following broad categories:
- Location data: when you use our App to request any transportation or delivery services, we may collect your precise location through GPS feature of your device or approximate location of your IP address. This access to location services shall be subject to your consent and permission system being used by the operating system on your device. In case you book a ride, we may collect/track the precise location data of your entire trip through our App being used by the Driver.
- Transaction details: we may collect your transaction history such as date and time of a booking request, rendered services, transaction amount, traveled distance, and other metadata about your use of the Service. We may also link your name to any transaction or passenger that uses your promo codes.
- System Information: we may collect certain statistical information about your devices such as hardware type, operating system, applications, language, device identifier, serial number, motion information, mobile network, advertising identifiers, and other settings and configuration information.
- Usage and Preference: we may collect information about your settings, preferences, and usage patterns while interacting or using the Service being offered on this website. Your usage and preferences data on the Service may be tracked using cookies, pixel tags, tracking tools, and device identification technologies that may uniquely identify your device.
- Call and SMS Data: we facilitate communication between Passengers and Drivers as part of the Service. In order to facilitate effective communication, we may collect and store your call and SMS data, including the call or messages, phone numbers, and date and time of such calls or messages.
- Log Information: when you use any service on this website, certain information such as your IP address, date and time of access, device type, browser type, entry or exit pages, visited pages, clicked ads or links, used features, and crashes or system errors may be logged in our server logs.
Information We Receive
When you use any third party service being made available on this website, we may receive some of your personal information from such service providers. To be more specific, when you interact with any social media feature, use digital wallets or other payment instruments to make a transaction, or access the Service using any third party App that interacts with our API, we may receive your information from the respective service providers.
When you use the Service as part of our enterprise solutions, we may receive your personal information from your company.
After a successful ride or any other on-demand service, the Driver may leave a rating about you. In case you use this website both as a Passenger and Driver, we may combine your personal information received through your interaction in different capacities.
Third Party Cookies
MobRide may use Google Analytics, AdMob, or other marketing platforms/services for monetizing and improving this website. Such third parties may employ their own DART cookies or tracking tools to collect your personal information in relation to their services or ads serving on/through the Service.
Use of Information
As a policy, we will use your personal information solely for the purpose it has been collected. No information on this website will be collected or used except the following use:
- Provide, maintain, or improve the Service: we may use or share your personal information to implement safety protocols and prevent unauthorized access, facilitate transactions, help you book a ride or other services, confirm a booking and deliver services, improve existing services and provide new offers, tender customer support, and send update notifications and other administrative messages.
- Perform internal operations: we may use or share your information to monitor and analyze user activity, prevent fraud and abuse of the Service, conduct research and data analyze, detect errors and resolve operational issues, and handle other internal operations to smoothly run this website.
- Facilitate communication: we may use or share your information to facilitate effective communication between the Passengers and Drivers regarding confirmation of a booking and estimated times of arrival. Depending on your consent, we may also invite your contacts to thereferral program, or send them split fare requests, estimated times of arrival, or other features being offered on this website.
- Promote business: depending on your subscription to newsletters or consent to receive promotional offers, we may use or share your information to send exclusive offers regarding new products and services, or invite you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other promotional events being offered on the website.
- Offering customized Services: we may use or share your search/transaction history, social connections, active referrals, and other data to facilitate targeted advertisements and offering products and services you may be looking for.
Sharing of Information
- Drivers in relation to your requested service. For example, we may share your profile information, user rating, and pickup/drop-off locations to help them respond to your service requests and deliver their services.
- Other Passengers in case you request or book any ride-sharing Depending on your consent, we may share your split a fare request or estimated time of arrival with your friends or contacts.
- Any third party in case you consent to receive ride-sharing or other promotional offers from MobRide or third parties.
- The general public in case you submit any content on blogs, forums, or social media being managed or moderated by MobRide. All user content submitted to public places shall be deemed as non-confidential information which can be used by MobRide for its business promotion.
- Your employer or other authorized entities in case you use any service as part of our enterprise solutions.
- Third parties in case you consent to share your information on the App or third party services linked to the MobRide website, App or API as part of service integration.
- The collaborating partners, subsidiaries, or other third parties in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to process orders, provide services, obtain logistics support, or consolidate the User Data for internal purposes.
- The service providers, marketing partners, consultants, or other vendors in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to provide the Service.
- Government or other competent authorities in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes.
- Law enforcement agencies in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to prevent illegal activities/abuse of the Service or protect the rights, property, or safety of MobRide or other users.
- Any third party or entity in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, consolidation, restructuring, financing, sale, acquisition, or transfer the business in whole or parts thereof.
Social Sharing Features
We have implemented every feasible safety protocols to ensure that your personal information is never misused or compromised on the Service. However, you should acknowledge that the Service involves international transmission of data and inherent security risk of using a service over the Internet. MobRide shall not be liable for any privacy or security issues that may arise due to ethical or unethical hacking, unauthorized access, or misuse/abuse or your personal information on the Service. You shall bear all the risks that may be involved in using the Service over the Internet.
You can take the following measures to manage your privacy on this website:
- Access and correction: You can access and modify your personal information that we hold on our servers. You can modify your information by logging to your account on the App/website. In case you are unable to access or correct ant information through your account, you can send a request to our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may refuse such requests if certain information has to be retained due to legitimate business purposes or legal compulsions and/or disclosure of any personal information is likely to violate the data protection act or similar laws in your jurisdiction or undermine the privacy and well-being of other users.
- Access Rights: MobRide will honor your right to access and modify your personal information, but all kinds of access, changes, correction, or deletion of your personal information shall be subject to the process, procedures, and applicable privacy laws in your jurisdiction.
- Location Information: the collection of your location information is subject to your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time by changing the location settings on your device. Please acknowledge that disabling location information on your device may cause delays or limit your ability to avail certain on-demand transportation services on the website. Disabling your GPS information will not prevent us from receiving your approximate location on the basis or your IP address, and we reserve a right to collect precise trip information through Driver’s device.
- Contact Information: access to your address book and use of contacts on your device is subject to your consent. If you are using the iOS-based device, you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the contacts settings on your device. The Android users should be careful while consenting at the first place as, depending on the device, they may not be able to revoke their consent.
- Promotional messages and emails: you can opt-out from newsletter service and revoke your consent to receive promotional messages/emails by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such commercial messages or emails.
- California Residents: MobRide will never share your personal information with any third party for direct marketing unless you have given your consent for receiving exclusive deals and promotional offers. If you are a resident of California, you can write to our privacy officer at email@example.com and request information about third parties who may have access to your personal information immediately preceding the current year.
- Cookies and advertising: if you don’t want to share your usage data, you can change the configuration settings of your web browser to disable our cookies and tracking tools. For more information, please refer to our Cookies Policy.