Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information that you provide
You may be required to provide certain information for creating an account, offering a ride or on-demand transportation service, subscribing to any service, and/or participating in promotional offers on this website. We may also collect certain information when you submit your vehicle/insurance information, provide your suggestion or feedback, request customer support, consent to background check, or otherwise use any service or communication channel being offered or made available on this website. Your submitted information may include your name, contact number, email address, postal address, profile picture, payment information, vehicle registration and insurance information, driver’s licenses, and/or other information that you may choose or supposed to provide for providing your services on MobRide platform.
Information that we collect
When you use any service being offered on this website or create an account to offer your services on this platform, MobRide shall be entitled to collect, process, store, use, or share your personal information with its collaborating partners, service providers, and/or other third parties for analytics and demographics research, lead generation and marketing, improvement of its services, and other legitimate business needs of its partners, subsidiaries, and affiliates that are consistent with the applicable laws. By submitting your information during the account creation process or using any aspect of the Service, you consent to such collection and use of your personal information. The collected information will pertain to the following broad categories:
- Location data: all users who wish to offer their services on MobRide platform must consent to provide their precise location data through their mobile device or any other instrument provided by MobRide. The Driver’s GPS location is an essential aspect of the Service and if you don’t consent to share your location information, you may not provide your services on this platform. Once you create your account on the App and consent to share location information through the permission system being used by the operating system on your device, your GPS location will be tracked whether the App is running in the foreground or background. We may also use your IP address to get your approximate location.
You shall hereby expressly grant your permission to MobRide for using location-based services and indemnify MobRide and its collaborating partners/service providers, waiving them from all claims, liabilities, and consequences that may possibly arise from the use of MobRide platform in relation to your precise location or other location based services.
- Transaction details: we may collect the transaction information related to your services rendered on MobRide platform. This information may include the type of service, date and time of service, charged amount, covered distance, and other details related to your transactions. We may also link your name to any passenger who uses your promo codes.
- System Information: we may collect certain statistical information about your devices such as hardware type, operating system, applications, language, device identifier, serial number, motion information, mobile network, advertising identifiers, and other settings and configuration information.
- Usage and Preference: we may collect information about your settings, preferences, and usage patterns while interacting or using the Service being offered on this website. Your usage and preferences data on the Service may be tracked using cookies, pixel tags, tracking tools, and device identification technologies that may uniquely identify your device.
- Call and SMS Data: we facilitate communication between Passengers and Drivers as part of the Service. In order to facilitate effective communication, we may collect and store your call and SMS data, including the call or messages, phone numbers, and date and time of such calls or messages.
- Log Information: when you use any service on this website, certain information such as your IP address, date and time of access, device type, browser type, entry or exit pages, visited pages, clicked ads or links, used features, and crashes or system errors may be logged in our server logs.
Information We Receive
When you use any third party service being made available on this website, we may receive some of your personal information from such service providers. To be more specific, when you interact with any social media feature, use digital wallets or other payment instruments to make a transaction, or access the Service using any third party App that interacts with our API, we may receive your information from the respective service providers.
When you offer your services through an account associated with a collaborating partner, we may receive your personal information from that partner company.
After a successful ride or any other on-demand service, the Passenger may leave a rating about you. In case you use this website both as a Passenger and Driver, we may combine your personal information received through your interaction in different capacities.
Third Party Cookies
MobRide may use Google Analytics, AdMob, or other marketing platforms/services for monetizing and improving this website. Such third parties may employ their own DART cookies or tracking tools to collect your personal information in relation to their services or ads serving on/through the Service.
Use of Information
As a policy, we will use your personal information solely for the purpose it has been collected. No information on this website will be collected or used except the following use:
- Provide, maintain, or improve the Service: we may use or share your personal information to implement safety protocols and prevent unauthorized access, provide products and services,send service related information, facilitate payment, send receipts, improve existing services, design and develop new services/offers, provide customer support to Passengers and Drivers, and send update notifications and other administrative messages.
- Perform internal operations: we may use or share your information to monitor and analyze user activity, prevent fraud and abuse of the Service, conduct research and data analyze, detect errors and resolve operational issues, and handle other internal operations to smoothly run this website.
- Facilitate communication: we may use or share your information to facilitate effective communication between you and the potential riders/Passengers regarding confirmation of a booking and estimated times of arrival. Depending on your consent, we may also invite your contacts to thereferral program, or send them information regarding your use of certain features or services on the website.
- Promote business: depending on your subscription to newsletters or consent to receive promotional offers, we may use or share your information to send exclusive offers regarding new products, services, and promotional offers, and when permissible under the applicable laws in your jurisdiction, invite you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other events being made available by MobRide or other third parties.
- Offering customized Services: we may use or share your search history, social connections, active referrals, and other data to facilitate targeted advertisements and recommendingspecific features, social connections, products, services, or content according to your personal preferences.
Sharing of Information
- Passengers in relation to their servicerequest. For example, we may share your name, photo, vehicle license number, picture, make and model, approximate location, user ratings, and contact information (depending on your location, subscription, and applicable laws). Once the ride is successfully completed, we may provide a receipt to your Passengers containing your name, photo, contact info, route map, and other details of the transaction.
- Potential clients/passengers in relation to your specific service or promotional offer, or with other third parties in relation to your request for participating in any service, partnership, or promotional program being offered by MobRide or other third parties.
- The general public in case you submit any content on blogs, forums, or social media being managed or moderated by MobRide. All user content submitted to public places shall be deemed as non-confidential information which can be used by MobRide for its business promotion.
- Your partner transportation company and engaged service providers by MobRide or such partners in case you are offering your services through an account of a partner transportation company.
- Third parties in case you consent to share your information on the App or third party services linked to the MobRide website, App or API as part of service integration.
- The collaborating partners, subsidiaries, or other third parties in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to process orders, provide services, obtain logistics support, or consolidate the User Data for internal purposes.
- The service providers, marketing partners, consultants, or other vendors in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary to provide the Service.
- Any third party or entity in case MobRide believes that such sharing is necessary in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, consolidation, restructuring, financing, sale, acquisition, or transfer the business in whole or parts thereof.
Subject to applicable laws, MobRide reserves a discretionary right to disclose any information, transaction details, or profile data of Drivers to relevant authorities or third parties if it believes that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Enforce the terms of Drivers agreement.
- Resolve any dispute, conflict, or complaints, including accidents related to any Driver.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, licenses, operating conditions, or legal processes.
- Prevent illegal activities/abuse of the Service or protect the rights, property, or safety of MobRide, its services or other users on the Service.
- Detect any fraud, security, or technical issues and taking appropriate measures to address these issues.
- Detect activities that are potentially illegal, unethical, or likely to create legal issues, and taking appropriate measures to address these issues.
Social Sharing Features
We have implemented every feasible safety protocols to ensure that your personal information is never misused or compromised on the Service. However, you should acknowledge that the Service involves international transmission of data and inherent security risk of using a service over the Internet. MobRide shall not be liable for any privacy or security issues that may arise due to ethical or unethical hacking, unauthorized access, or misuse/abuse or your personal information on the Service. You shall bear all the risks that may be involved in using the Service over the Internet.
You can take the following measures to manage your privacy on this website:
- Access and correction: You can access and modify your personal information that we hold on our servers. In case you are unable to access or correct ant information through your account, you can send a request to our privacy officer at email@example.com. However, we may refuse such requests if:
- We suspect that you have committed any fraud or violations of this agreement.
- Certain information has to be retained due to legitimate business purposes or legal compulsions.
- Disclosure of any personal information is likely to violate the data protection act or similar laws in your jurisdiction.
- The requested information may undermine the privacy and well-being of other users.
- Access Rights: MobRide will always honor your right to access/modify your personal information, but all kinds of access, changes, correction, or deletion of your personal information shall be subject to the process, procedures, and applicable privacy laws in your jurisdiction.
- Location Information: whether you own the device or it is provided by MobRide, the collection of your location information is always subject to your consent and you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the location settings on the device. However, precise location data is acrucial part of the Service and if you disable location information on the device, you will not be able to provide your services on MobRide platform. Disabling your GPS information will not prevent us from receiving your approximate location on the basis or your IP address.
- Contact Information: Our App’s access to contacts on your device is subject to your consent. Depending on the permission system being used by your device operating system, we will ask for your permission before accessing your contacts. If you are using iOS-based device, you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the contacts settings on your device. The Android users should be careful while consenting at the first place as, depending on the device, they may not be able to revoke their consent.
- Promotional messages and emails: you can opt-out from newsletter service and revoke your consent to receive promotional messages/emails by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such commercial messages or emails. However, we reserve a right to send non-commercial emails regarding your account status and service requests.
- Cookies and advertising: if you don’t want to share your usage data, you can change the configuration settings of your web browser to disable our cookies and tracking tools. For more information, please refer to our Cookies Policy.